Funds and Research Activities
1. Anna University, for Faculty Development programme on Computational Fluid Dynamics.
2. AICTE-Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on ‘Guidance, Navigation & Control Techniques for Aeronautical System & Mobile Platforms”
3. HAL, for Pulsejet Engine (Student development programme.)
4. DRDO, for Design of Torque for fibrous structure of Micro Aerial Vehicle.
5. Department of Science and Technology (DST), for student projects through Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC).
Value added Program
Students are trained in essential software for core discipline placement.
Latest softwares: Hypermesh, Nastran/ Patran, Ansys, CFD – Fluent, Gambit.CATIA.
Seminars and workshop
1.A One Day Workshop On “Composite Materials and Fatigue and Fracture Techniques” by Dr. Krishna Lok Singh, Senior Scientist, Structural division, National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore
2. “Aerospace Propulsion” by Kumar. J, Design Engineer CYIENT Ltd., Bangalore.
3. “Aerodynamics” by RAJAGURU. K Research Scholar, Proprietor Aeolus Aero Tech Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
4. “Vibrations and Aeroelasticity” by Mr. M. Syed Haleem, Research scholar, Madras Institute of technology.
5. “Aircraft Structures” by Dr. Srinivasa Prasad, (IITM), Research Scholar.
6. “Rockets and Missiles” by Wg. Cmdr. MallikarjunVaggar, Associate professor, Dhayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore.
Department Club Activities
Aeromodelling is the design, construction and flying of model airplanes, helicopters and rockets. It is both a Hobby and an International Sport Model aviation’s power to excite the imagination and generate enthusiasm has made it a truly international activity with many thousands of participants and hundreds of ongoing activities worldwide. Aeromodelling helps to under Physics, improve hand and eye coordination, understand the importance of team work, learn to cope with success and failure, create 3D objects, learn to work with plans, use hand tools etc. Aeromodelling is a wonderful form of self-expression that gradually leads you to a successful career as a Pilot, Aircraft Designer, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, Aero-Space Engineer etc.
Three hours of Aeromodelling every week for Session 1. (First half of the semester)
Flight test for Session 2. (Second half of the semester)
(First Person View RC aircraft)(Quad Rotor with high stability)
|No. of companies visited||7||6||8|
|No. of Candidates registered||43||58||57|
|No. of Candidates Placed||31||34||28|
2011-15 Batch: 31 students placed in companies like Campus Corporate Centre, Sanemi Technologies, Hinduja Global Solutions On campus
2010-14: 34 students placed in companies like TATA Aerospace, Royal Enfield, Boeing Group On campus & Off-campus
2009-13: 28 students placed in companies like Qatar Airways, Airport Authority of India, Safran Aerospace, and General Electricals On campus & Off-campus
Alumni Placement: Many of the Alumni are placed in reputed core industries like, TATA Aerospace, Royal Enfield, Boeing Group, Qatar Airways, Airport Authority of India, Safran Aerospace, and General Electricals
Students are also pursuing higher studies in reputed institutions across the globe such as, University of Hamburg, Germany; University of Leicester, United Kingdom; and RMIT University, Switzerland.
Best Student Awards:
K.V. Karthikeyan, Institute of Engineers (India), Aerospace Students Chapter, Tamilnadu Division. (2014 and 2015)
Best Student Project Award:
“Plasma Actuation System for Lift Augmentation in Aircraft Wings” D. Benedict, J. Kiran Rawal, G. N. Shashi Kumar, K.V. Karthikeyan, Institute of Engineers (India), Aerospace Students Chapter, Tamilnadu Division.
Best Project Guide Award:
Prof. R. Karthikeyan, Institute of Engineers (India), Aerospace Students Chapter, Tamilnadu Division.
1. S. NALLATHAMBI, (2010-2014 BATCH)
2. AJIN BRANESH. A, (2009-2013 BATCH)
3. SIVAMOORTHY, (2008-2012 BATCH)
1. R.Karthikeyan – “Aerodynamic Flow Analysis on Wing by Using CFD” ISOR Journal Mar 2014
2. R.Karthikeyan – “Design of Winglets through Morphing Technology: A Conceptual Design Approach” ISOR Journal Dec 2013
3. R.Karthikeyan – “A Study of Performance and Emission of Diesel Engine fuelled with neat Diesel and Neat Hydnocarous Pentandra Biodiesel” ISOR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering Nov 2013
4. R. Naveen Kumar – “Analysis of Basalt fibre composites for aircraft structures” IJIET April 2013
5. John Paul .J – “Nozzle optimization of aerospike nozzle” IJIET April 2013
6. John Paul. J – “Collision avoidance based on autonomous co-operation between UAV” ICRAMET April 23rd 2012
7. P. Parthiban – “Innovative methods of Industrial improvement for production using method study” IJIR May 12th 2014
1. Murali.N, L.Anil kumar, Prathap.E, Narendra. A, Kiran.D, Mani.Y. Nawaz sheriff, Sriram. U, Vinoth Kumar. R participated in Ornithopter workshop conducted by Jet Aerospace (DRDO organization), at dindigul on 21.02.2015
2. K.V Karthikeyan, Kiran Rawal. J and Benedict. D, participated in NAFEMS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INCUBATOR AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT sponsored by Nafems, Pmc Tech and Vel Tech University at chennai from 06.02.2015 to 08.02.2015
3. Saranya.S presented a paper in the National Conference on Computing, Communication and Manufacturing at Er. Perumal Manimekalai College of Engineering on 10.03.2015
1. Smart Class room for advanced learning for P.G and U.G. with capacity to accommodate 60 students.
2. Class rooms with a capacity to accommodate 60 students each
All labs equipped as per university requirements
The students will also be undergoing practical classes in Laboratory Facilities of the department including Aircraft Systems Laboratory, Aircraft Structures Laboratory, Aerodynamics Laboratory, Propulsion and Aero Engine Laboratory, Simulation Laboratory, Aircraft Structures Repair Laboratory, and Avionics Laboratory.
1) Aerodynamics Lab:
2) Aircraft Structures Lab:
3) Aircraft Systems Lab:
4) CAD and aircraft component drawing lab:
5) Propulsion Laboratory:
6) Aero Engine and Airframe Laboratory:
7) Aircraft Structures Repair Laboratory:
Professional Society membership
1. Aeronautical Society of India,
2. Institute of Engineers (India), Aerospace Chapter, Tamilnadu Division.
3. Indian Society for Technical Education, Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Division.
|TANEJA AEROSPACE AND AVIATION LIMITED, Hosur.|
Department of Aeronautical Engineering
The Department was started in the year 2007. The Department offers a 4-Year full time B.E. programme in Aeronautical Engineering; a 2-year full time M.E. programme in Aeronautical engineering and it has a team of well-qualified faculty members with rich industrial and academic experience. ICT enhanced teaching techniques are also used in the department to supplement the regular chalk and talk lectures.
The Department gives a broad multi-disciplinary education enabling the students to succeed in wide variety of careers including the design, manufacture, maintenance and management of Aerospace Vehicles including airplanes, helicopters, gliders, launch vehicles, missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles.
Phone Number :
To convert students into successful professionals with a high degree of personal and inter-personal skills and an additive sense of civic, professional and ethical responsibilities in the field of Aeronautical Engineering.
To provide internationally recognized leadership in aerospace engineering education, through a continuously improving educational program that graduates students with strong engineering science fundamentals while incorporating applied engineering aspects.
To provide competitive and academic programs to produce technologists and professionals for national and global needs.
To be a center for reference, research and consultation through smart partnership with industries and stake holders.
Educate tomorrow’s leaders through innovative educational programs & pedagogies that have as their context the conception, design, implementation and operation of systems; and processes; create research opportunities that generate inventions, technologies and solutions to Aerospace problems.