- About us
- Research Activities
Department of Science and Humanities
“Science is well organized knowledge” “Humanities make you to fulfill your civic and cultural responsibilities”
The Department of Science and Humanities was established in the year 2002. The department is working towards fulfilling its mission through a synergistic combination of teaching and research. The department is committed to produce world class professional with basic understanding in Physics and Chemistry, Mathematical and logical thinking along with sound communication skill. Department of Science and Humanities comprises with seven disciplines namely English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental sciences, Physical education and Library science. Well spaced Physics and Chemistry Laboratories equipped with adequate instruments add more value to the basic science department. The Department of Science and Humanities also equipped with a full-fledged Language Laboratory designed for student-teacher interaction, and greater concentration for language learning. Apart from handling classes for the under-graduate, post graduate engineering programs, the department has also been conducting short term continuing education programs for participants from educational institutions and industries.
E Mail: email@example.com
Phone Number : 91 9500260989
To be dynamic, inclusive and competitive in teaching, learning and research on applied Science. Also, by providing the students with the best opportunities and environment for basic engineering and technology requirements, help them to attain high levels of academic excellence and scientific temper, technical and professional competencies and life-skills.
- To provide the courses relevant to the professional needs of engineering and technology students
- Pursue research and development work to keep the faculty in tune with scientific methodology and stay abreast of recent developments.
- To create a friendly environment combines with leading edge facility to train young minds to explore new horizons.
The department is equipped with full fledged physics and chemistry laboratories which gratify the Anna University curriculum
- Vernier Microscope
- Fibre Optic Kit
- Ultrasonic interferometer
- Band Gap setup
- Flame Photometer
- Spectra Photometer
- Electronic Balance
- Digital Potentiometer
- Digital Conductivity meter
- Digital PH meter
The faculty members from the science and humanities have proposed various Major Research projects to the funding agencies like DST, CSIR, UGC, AICTE, and UGC-DAE.
Thrust Areas of research focused by department faculty members
Department of Physics
FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS /ADVANCED MATERIALS
1. Thin film for solar cell application
2. Crystal Growth and Characterization
Department of Chemistry
2. Polymers & Environmental Chemistry
3. Medicinal chemistry
Department of Mathematics
1. Complex integration
2. Topology and Fuzzy logic
3. Operational Research
Department of English
1. Easy English to second language
|S.No||Name of the faculty||Department||International journal|
|1.||Mr. M. Suresh||Physics||5|
|2.||Dr. SP. Prabhakaran||Physics||7|
- Mr. S. Parthasarathy and Mr. K. Ramanujam of Ist year Mechanical won first prize in Science Expo held at Sengundar College of Engineering on 14 march 2015.
- Mr. C. Saikumar of Ist year Mech. Won third prize in Paper presentation held at Sengundar College of Engineering on 14 march 2015.
- Mr. C. Saikumar of Ist year Mech. Won third prize in Extempore (Brahmastra -15) a state level technical symposium held at Chettinadu College of Engineering on 7th March-2015.
- Mr. M. Sivakumar, of Ist year Mech. Won third prize in Elocution held at PSG Engineering and Technology on 6th September 2014.
- Probability & Random Process, Probability & Queuing Theory by Mr. A. Mohan, Assistant Professor, Saranathan College of Engineering. Trichy on 11th April 2015.
- Make in India by Mr. Anand Viswanathan, Assistant Professor, Anna University, on 11th April 2015.
- Analytical functions and Complex integrations by Mr. Muruga Ganesh Assistant Professor, M.A.M College of Engineering. Trichy on November 2014.
- Teaching Methodology by Dr. S. Shivanandam, Professor, Karpagam University, Coimbatore on November 2015
- Transforms and Partial integration by Mr. A. Mohan Assistant Professor, Saranathan College of Engineering on September 2014
Department Club Activities
National Education day is celebrated every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India.
SPARK an enthusiastic festival for the school students is celebrated every year to explore their scientific and technical ideas and to encouraging them for their higher studies.
Various inspiring activities from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Department Clubs are conducted throughout the year to encourage the special talents of students in the relevant field.