- About us
- Funds and Research Activities
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Since its inception in the year 2002, the Department with its energetic and dynamic faculty has provided complete dedication to convert young individuals into engineers, with both class room and shop floor knowledge. Here we pursue the mechanical engineering of the future. Students learn the fundamentals of mechanical engineering by focusing on core disciplines in mechanics, manufacturing, and systems, together with essential areas of mathematics and physical sciences.
With its roots in mechanical engineering, a hallmark at PMC TECH is innovation. We provide outstanding coursework, projects, and activities in which fundamental course knowledge is synthesized and applied in a holistic fashion with wide-ranging design projects. We offer outstanding technical enhancement opportunities, with a strong culture of collaboration that enables our students and faculty to tackle the world’s most important and difficult technical challenges.
E Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number : 04344 257221
To be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of engineering and research; valuing integrity, diversity, critical thinking, impartial judgment, change, innovation, and collegiality.
To provide an education that builds within students a solid foundation in mechanical engineering principles, expands the reasoning, communication and problem solving abilities of students, and prepares graduates who have the motivation and ability for lifelong growth in their professional careers; and to develop and maintain a world-class research program in selected focus areas within mechanical and industrial engineering that complements the educational mission and addresses the evolving needs of industry and society.
- Provide high quality education in mechanical engineering for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provide support for faculty to conduct high quality research and ensure high quality education.
- Increase the program’s national and international reputation.
- Enhance the community through civic responsibility and the promotion of economic development.
- Provide technical expertise and training to industry on advanced technologies.
- Thermal engineering laboratory
- CAD/CAM laboratory
- Strength of materials laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics and machinery Laboratory
- Dynamics laboratory
- Metrology and Measurements Laboratory
- Manufacturing Technology Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
Professional Society membership
|Students have registered with SAE â€“ India, through that guest lectures were conducted for Mechanical Engineering students on recent trends.|
|Signed an MOU with NAFEMS|
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS CONDUCTED DURING 2014-15
- Anna University Sponsored Faculty Development Program on ME2353-Finite Element Analysis from 22-12-2014 to 30-12-2014
- Ten Days -Workshop on Fluid Mechanics, Funded by National Mission on Education through ICT from 20/05/2014 to 30/05/14
|IEDC Cell Panel Member||100 % Result Achievers|
|Prof.P.Rajasekaran, is acting as an advisory committee member for the IEDC cell, sponsored by DST â€“ Government of India.||The following faculty members achieved 100 % result in the university examinations in different subjects
Mr. R. Balaji
|Journal Reviewer||NSS Coordinator|
|Professor. Dr.C. Solaimuthu, have been acting as Reviewers in 14 different Journals including, Elsevier, Taylor and Francis, Indersciences etc.,||Mr.P.Munusamy, Assistant professor of our department is an active Faculty coordinator for PMC Tech and conducting various events through NSS like Medical, Blood donation campus and Volunteers for important official government events happening at Krishangiri District.|
INDUSTRY BASED PROJECTS CARRIED OVER AT DEPARTMENT
- Mr. P.Rajasekaran – HAL, Bangalore
- Mr.S.Senthilkumar – DRDO Sponsored project for NAFEMS
- Mr. K.Senthil – HAL, Bangalore
- Mr. G.Vijayan – Hyundai Motor India Limited, Chennai
- Mr. R. Balaji – TITAN Industries
Mr. Rajesh.S published a paper on â€œPrediction of temperature and surface roughness in drilling hardened steel by experimental methodâ€ at Conference conducted by NAFEMS at Chennai
Final year mechanical engineering students executed more than 15 industry projects the executed these projects for
- TITAN industries – Hosur,
- ASHOK Leyland – Hosur,
- HAL â€“Bangalore,
- NAFEMS â€“ Bangalore (DRDO sponsored),
- SAIL Salem
- HYUNDAI â€“ Chennai.
- Design and analysis of Torque drive Five bar mechanism
- Study and design of jig for rear gone assembly of drop tank in LCA Air craft
- Design of Jig for nut tightening machine to reduce rod nut
- Determination of surface roughness and tool wear of turning the hardened steel in various parameters
|No. of companies visited||15||12||10|
|No. of Candidates registered||70||70||66|
|No. of Candidates Placed||56||40||35|
- Academic leadership workshop for heads of the department organized by Wipro technologies
- Workshop on smart design processes in product development
- Recent Trends in Automobiles at CIT Coimbatore
- Workshops on Cryogenic engine at CIT Coimbatore
- International workshop on 3D Printing organized by NAFEMS.
- International conference on Analysis of Composite materials organized by NAFEMS.
- International conference on Finite Element Analysis Workshop organized by NAFEMS.
VALUE ADDED PROGRAM
Students are trained in essential software for core discipline placement. The following courses were conducted during 2014-15.
- Basic Modeling, Assembly, Drafting using AutoCAD
- Basic Modeling, Assembly, Drafting using Creo.2.0
- Basic Modeling on CATIA.V5
- Training on Hyper mesh
- Training on Ansys Version 13.0
Department Club Activities
Technical Gossiperâ€™s Club â€“ To enhance the studentâ€™s aptitude and communication skills
- Center for faculty development programme organized by Anna University on finite element analysis held from 22-12-2014 to 30-12-2014
- Two week workshop on Engineering Mechanics sponsored by ISTE-IITB under NME-ICT scheme
- Two week workshop on Fluid Mechanics and machinery sponsored by ISTE-IITB under NME-ICT scheme
- Two week workshop on Research methodology sponsored by ISTE-IITB under NME-ICT scheme
- Published a paper on topic A Study of Performance and Emissions of Diesel Engine Fuelled With Blends of Cotton Seed Oil Methyl Ester and Petro-Diesel, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), pp. 30-34, Jan 2014.
- Published a paper on topic Reduction of Diesel Engine with Madhuca Indica biodiesel using Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) in different flow rates, International Organizational of Scientific Research Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), Vol. 10 (5), pp. 28-34.