- About us
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Department of ECE was established in the year 2002 to provide focused and determined technical education in its field. It offers one Under graduate Program (B.E. ECE) and one Post graduate program (M.E. Applied Electronics). Since its inception, it facilitates young engineers to acquire technical exposure along with carrier improvement. Excellency of the department has been proven through the outstanding track records and graduates of exceptional quality and caliber. Highly qualified and dedicated faculty members have strengthened teaching and research areas.
HOD : Dr. V. Vijayakumari,
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number : 04344 – 257219
To emerge as a vibrant centre of repute by moulding students to excel in Electronics and Communication Engineering with ethical responsibility.
- To impart research and industry based quality education theoretically and practically
- To provide self directed learning opportunities to meet a variety of career choices.
- Entailing the students in Research and Development activities.
The laboratory facilities are being constantly upgraded in line with the technical advancement in the field of Electronics and Communication.
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers Laboratory
- Optical and Microwave Laboratory
- Electronic Device Laboratory
- Linear Integration Circuit Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
- Electronic Simulation Laboratory
Professional Society membership
|Indian Society for Technical Education|
|Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Association|
|Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited|
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS
Academic year – 2014-2015
|SL.NO||NAME OF THE STUDENT||RANK||PERCENTAGE|
|2||AMREEN TAJ. A||32||8.84|
|S. NO.||NAME OF THE FACULTY||TITLE OF PUBLICATIONS||PUBLISHER||DATE|
|1||Prof. M.Sahithullah,HOD||Shunt active filter using RBFNN algorithm for power quality conditioning||ISREA-2015, Sona college of Engg||05.03.2015|
|Shunt active filter using cuckoo search algorithm for power quality conditioning||IEEE conference â€“ ICCPCT 2015, Noorul Islam University||02.03.2015|
|A hybrid control strategies to control active filter and improve the power quality of non linear load||Australian Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engg||23.1.2015|
|2||Mrs.R.Umamaheswari,Assistant Professor||Crisis management A critical analysis of large companies||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|3||Mr.R.Manigandan, Assistant Professor||Tumor and Lymph Node Detection in Thoracic Images Using Soft Computing Techniques||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|4||Mr.R.P.Raghavendran,Assistant Professor||Energy efficient and routing stability protocol in 4distributed wireless networks||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|5||Mrs.K.Harini,Assistant Professor||Green products using sustainable attributes to drive growth and value||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|6||Mrs.M.Sujitha,Assistant Professor||Expenditures in entrepreneurship and innovation||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|An Efficient Face Recognition Technique using PCA and LDA Algorithms||NCCCM 2015||12-03-2015|
|7||Mrs.K.Karthika,Assistant Professor||Strategic technology management: enterprise management in competitive environment||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|8||Mrs.E.Umashankar,Assistant Professor||The high-speed architectures of the cryptographic hash Function blake||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|9||Mr.K.Mathiyalagan,Assistant Professor||Novel architecture for implmenting fir filter design||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|10||Mr.R. Kannan,Assistant Professor||Fpga based automated power saving system||ISTE TN&P Regional Conference for Faculty Members Engineering and Polytechnic||09.01.2015|
|Automatic Vehicle locking system using helmet||NCCCM 2015||12-03-2015|
|11||Mr.P.Mohanaprasanth,Assistant Professor||Sensing Vulnerabilities and Multiple Spoofing Adversaries In Wireless LAN||NCCCM 2015||12-03-2015|
|S.NO||NAME OF THE STUDENT||EVENT||COLLEGE IN WHICH PARTICIPATED||DATE||PRIZE|
|1||B.R.AJAY PRADEEP||POSTER PRESETATION||NEHRU INSTITUTE OF TECH COIMBATORE||21/1/15 TO 22/1/2015||IST PRIZE|
|2||K.KARTHICK RAJA||PAPER PRESENTATION||NEHRU INSTITUTE OF TECH COIMBATORE||22/01/2015||IST PRIZE|
|3||P.SINDHU||PAPER PRESENTATION||GOVT COLLEG OF ENGG- BARGUR||20.01.2015||III PRIZE|
|4||P.SINDHU||CONNECTION||GOVT COLLEGE OF ENGG||20.01.2015||III PRIZE|
|No. of companies visited||12||10||9|
|No. of Candidates registered||140||141||128|
|No. of Candidates Placed||111||79||72|
- Automotive Embedded System Applications by Mr.J.S.Shiva Moorthy, Senior Software Engineer, Methode Electronics, Bangalore on 23.09.2014.
- Digital Signal Processing by Dr.C.Gowri Shankar, Prof/EEE from K.S.R college of Engineering, Thiruchengode on 08.09.2014.
- Our final year students visited KELTRON ELECTRONICS KERALA on 25.08.13
Seminars and workshop
- Two days workshop on Embedded systems for final year students on September 2014 by Veekan technologies, Chennai.
- Two days workshop on PCB designing and Fabrication for second year students on August 2014 by Raana Power solutions.
Value added Program
- Two days value added programme on PLC and SCADA for third year students on January 2015 by Axis Global Institute, Chennai.
- Training program on communication and soft skill by Campus Corporate centre, Jabalpur.
Department Club Activities
Technical Gossiperâ€™s Club â€“ To enhance the studentâ€™s aptitude and communication skills