- About us
Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2012. The Department aims to enrich the knowledge of students in both theory and practice with a team of highly qualified faculty with rich experience in the diversified streams of civil engineering. Apart from teaching, department plays a vital role in training the students through in-plant training and industrial visits to tackle the field associated difficulties. Department is always keen in inviting experts from reputed organizations to share their knowledge with our young engineers. Our students have been involved in areas of Soil Mechanics, Surveying, Transportation Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Structural Analysis and Environmental engineering.
Phone Number :
To be an ideal and reputed resource centre of producing world class professionals in civil engineering with right attitudes towards their societal obligation and ethical responsibility.
- To create the research level education and creativity in all kind of possible way to proceed in Civil Engineering.
- Promote individual student achievement, excellence in academic pursuits, communication, leadership and social responsibilities.
- Create caring, and safe manpower training as well as leadership in Civil Engineering.
The laboratory facilities are being constantly upgraded according to the recent developments in construction field.
- Survey Practical Laboratory
- CAD Laboratory
- Strength of Materials laboratory
- Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Concrete and Highway Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
Professional Society membership
Indian Society of Civil Engineer
|S.No||Name||Year||Event||Name of the College||Date||Prize|
|II||Symposium-Paper Presentation||PSV College of Engineering||30.09.2014||Second|
|III||Symposuim-Surveying||PSV College of Engineering||30.09.2014||First|
Foundation Engineering by Mr.P.Govindaraj, Asst. Prof/CIVIL from AVS college of Engineering, Salem on September 2014.
Value added Program
In order to strengthen the teaching-learning ambience, and prepare the undergraduates to meet the challenges of the global work environment, Our department has taken up several initiatives like offering value-added courses and interfacing with the industry to bridge the gap between the curriculum and the requirements of the industry.
1. Auto CAD
2. Global Positioning Systems
3. Total Station
4. Stad Pro